Vacancy: Clerical Assistant
• Salary – Grade C (point on scale depends on experience)
• 6 hours a week
• Required for Monday 7th June 2021, or as soon as possible thereafter.
Earsham CE VA Primary School is a popular, inclusive, village school near the town of Bungay. We are looking to recruit an organised, friendly and professional clerical assistant to join our friendly team.
Purpose of the Role:
- To undertake a range of clerical duties in the office including dealing with telephone and email enquiries; photocopying and filing documents, completing word processing and other IT based tasks.
- To oversee the dinner arrangements including completing dinner lists, banking any dinner money and liaising with the school catering provider.
- To assist with ordering and storage of supplies.
- To collect, receive, record and bank money e.g. school meals and school trip money.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Communicate well with parents, staff, pupils, governors and the wider school community
• Support the Christian ethos of our school
• Work as part of a small team
• Have relevant school office skills
In return we can offer:
- A strong, committed and supportive staff team
- Loveable and welcoming children with supportive families
- Opportunities for CPD
- A supportive, stable and experienced governing body
- A strong Christian ethos
- Outstanding SIAMS in October 2016
- Good Ofsted in July 2019
- An attractive, well maintained, modern school with fantastic grounds
We would encourage interested candidates to telephone the school, on an informal basis, to chat further about the position or arrange an outside tour of the building. To arrange an outdoor visit, please contact the school office by telephone on 01986 892557 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates will need to be able to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing in order to undertake the requirements of the role.
If you feel that you have the skills we are looking for, please apply for this exciting position. To download an application form, please visit Norfolk County Council's School Vacancies page and click on the “Apply for Job” link.
Completed applications should either be returned by email to email@example.com or posted directly to the school. Only completed applications will be considered, sorry, no CVs.
Closing date for applications: Monday 10th May at 9.00am
We are legally obliged to ask you to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. If you are invited to interview, you will be asked to provide appropriate documentation, such as your full birth certificate/passport/work permit in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act (1996).
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants. This will include an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service. This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.